Friday, March 7, 2008

Sachin Tendulkar: "I am not retiring"

Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar, who silenced his critics with a vintage display in the two CB series finals, has said he is not contemplating retirement at this stage of his career.

"No, I am not even contemplating retirment. There are many rumours. If you know I am retiring, please let me know. I am not retiring," Tendulkar told television channel NDTV before boarding the plane back home in Melbourne.

The mild-mannered Tendulkar was also scathing in his attack on critics who had written him off.

"It (the criticism) doesn't hurt. People have their own ways of judging things. I basically don't read articles. I don't think it helps me in any way. Someone who writes has to have the credibility. I have been around long enough to know what is right and what is wrong," he said.

"I am in touch with the guys who help me. If they see something wrong, they pick up the phone and speak to me," he added.

Tendulkar, who has gone to become the seniormost player in the team after having started as a baby in the side, said it "has been a fantastic journey".

"I have enjoyed every moment of it. It was my dream to play for India and I am still living the dream. After my debut, every day has been special," he said.

Tendulkar said he was also enjoying the new youthful atmosphere in the dressing room.

"The dressing room atmosphere is lively, everyone is cracking jokes. It's wonderful to be alongside such fantastic players. It's a nice blend of seniors and juniors," he said.

No comments: